Name: Aina Kehinde Oluwasegun
Host Organisation: Jena University Hospital
Project Title: Establishment of a liver zonation and infection model
- To establish bioengineered hiPSC derived human liver-on-chip models;
- To develop a microfluidic platform with non-invasive sensor readout technologies for metabolic analysis of liver function;
- To establish metabolic patterning of hepatocytes and non-parenchymal cells as complex in vitro model for drug testing and disease modeling.
- To form multi systems by integrating the WAT model with the Liver on chip.
- Universite du Luxembourg, Luxembourg for 2 months;
- Technical University Graz, Austria for 2 months;
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG
Kenny is a PhD student and holds a B.Sc. in Microbiology and M.Sc. in Medical Microbiology and Parasitology. He is Early Stage Researcher in the Innovative Training Network EUROoC and develops a hiPSC based liver-on-chip model. His work focuses on metabolic pattern of liver zonation and disease mechanisms of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
Research interests: hiPSC hepatocyte biology, NASH, Gut-liver axis